Use this tool to save details of accommodation, events, places to eat and things to see & do in Lancashire.
To add an item to ‘My Lancashire’, click the relevant
The historic landmark of Clitheroe, in the heart of the Ribble Valley offers a day of exploration for all the family. Our new look galleries will take you on a journey through 350 million years of history, heritage and geology of the local area. Younger hearts may take an adventure kitted out with rucksack, map and magnifying glass!
• Explore our modern spaces
• Discover changing exhibitions in the Steward's Gallery throughout the year
• Check out our creative outdoor play zone designed to stimulate your senses. Pause for a while and check out the glorious views of Clitheroe and Pendle Hill.
• Explore 16 acres of surrounding formal gardens featuring a state-of-the-art skate park, playground, bandstand and the first Labyrinth in Lancashire.
• Indulge in some retail therapy in our gift shop and experience a taste of Lancashire in our contemporary café; The Atrium.
Nestled between The Museum and The Steward’s Gallery, The Atrium serves locally sourced foods and Lancashire fare in a delightful and contemporary environment. Try the Clitheroe Castle Sausage from Clitheroe’s famous Cowman’s Butchers or one of Mrs Dowson’s yummy Ice Creams; indulge with delicious cakes and tasty treats whilst slowly unwinding on the outdoor terrace, chatting with friends and enjoying the stunning views of the Castle.
The Atrium holds public events throughout the year and can also be hired for private functions and events. For more information call 01200 442630.
Don't leave without climbing towards the top of the Castle for magnificent panoramic views of the Clitheroe and Ribble Valley landscape.
|Clitheroe Castle and Museum (17/02/2014 - 31/03/2014)|
|Clitheroe Castle and Museum (01/04/2014 - 02/11/2014)|
|Clitheroe Castle and Museum (01/11/2014 - 16/02/2015)|
|Clitheroe Castle and Museum (03/11/2014 - 13/02/2015)|
* Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£3.85 per ticket|
|Adult Xplorer Ticket - 1 venue, valid for 12 month||£8.00 per ticket|
|Adult Xplorer Ticket - 13 venues, valid for 12 mon||£12.00 per ticket|
|Concessions||£2.90 per ticket|
|Family & Friends Xplorer Ticket - 13 venues, valid||£20.00 per ticket|
Accompanied children FREE. For further information on our Xplorer Tickets and the fantastic savings on offer, please visit lancashire.gov.uk/museums
Bed & Breakfast
Bed & Breakfast